Terms and Conditions
We agree to provide our service to you on the following terms. These terms constitute a contract between you and us.
A. What we will do for you
1. We agree to provide our services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner.
B. What you agree to do
2. You agree to pay the rates that are in effect at the time your pet is in our care.
3. You agree to provide a 50% non-refundable deposit, at the time of booking, for any home boarding or house sitting.
4. You agree to provide at least 48 hours notice of cancellation.
5. If less than 24 hours notice is provided for a cancellation, then you may be charged in full.
6. You agree to provide us with all information necessary for the satisfactory performance of our services, including any dietary, nutritional or exercise requirements of the pet and any other instructions for the wellbeing of the animal.
7.You are responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment, medication, food and supplies needed for care of your animals.
8. You agree to provide keys or arrange for keys to be available for the appointment. If the provided key does not work, or an incorrect key is supplied, you authorise us to obtain keys or access from emergency contacts, landlords or using a locksmith.
9. You authorise us to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with your pet. Every effort will be made to contact you prior to obtaining emergency care. You accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. You also authorise us to utilise an alternative veterinarian in the event your regular veterinarian is unavailable or cannot be reached.
10. You agree to reimburse us for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, equipment, food, access or supplies.
11. You will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the pet sitter, other persons or animals by the pet. You also agree to indemnify us in the event of a claim by any other person injured by the pet.
C. Your Pet
12. We require that your pet should be up to date with all vaccinations, worm and flea treatments. If your pet has a parasitic infection your pet will be treated, in consulatation with your vet, and you will be responsible for reinbursing the cost.
13. Rabbits must be vaccinated against Myxomatosis and Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (VHD) and a certificate presented as proof. Every precaution must be taken against flystrike for rabbits and guinea pigs before care starts.
14. Dogs being boarded must be vaccinated and an original certificate must be presented as proof. We may require a copy of this.
15. We reserve the right to terminate this contract at any time if we or the employee, in his/her sole discretion determines that owner’s animal poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the employee. If concerns prohibit the employee from caring for the pet, the owner authorises the animal to be placed in care of another, with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, housing, tranquilising, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the owner.
D. Our Liability
16. We do not accept responsibility for security of your premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement. During all assignments our employees will only undertake pet care, unless prearranged with you.
17. If you have given permission for your dog to be walked off lead you will not hold us or any of our staff liable for damage, loss or injury if your dog runs away.
18. We are not responsible for damage caused by a pet escaping because of a faulty lead, collar or harness, or equipment that is not properly fitting.
19. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your property, or that of others, caused by your pets during the period in which they are in our care.
20. You understand that there is always a risk of injury to a dog that is placed in a Daycare or Home Board setting, or on a walk, especially when other dogs are present. You agree not to hold We Love Pets, or their staff, liable for any illness, injury or incident whilst in the care of We Love Pets.
21. You agree to notify us of any concerns within 24 hours after any appointment.