There are so many things that we include in our franchise package. They’ll all help you to hit the ground running and build on tried and tested methods and procedures we’ve developed over the years. Here’s an overview of what’s included:
One of the many benefits of joining the We Love Pets team of franchisees, is the initial and ongoing training we provide. You won’t be left on your own, until you feel ready.
- City & Guilds qualification in Dog Walking
- City & Guilds qualification in Pet Sitting
- Dog behaviour training
- Pet first aid training
- Managing and motivating a team
- Marketing and business training
- Health and safety
- Rotas and bookings
- Customer care
- Recruitment, HR & payroll
- Legal issues, data protection & insurance
- Accounting and finance
“Training is really fun, as well as in depth initial training a lot of it is ongoing, online courses. We have pet first aid training and regular business updates from Head office.”
Business set up
Take the worry out of starting your own business – we help you with websites, social media, licenses and business cards.
- Exclusive protected territory to operate within
- Licence to operate under a trademarked brand
- Handbook and helpsheets
- Web page and web page maintenance
- Search engine optimisation
- Online directory registration and internet marketing
- Facebook and Google Adwords campaigns
- Social media support
- Police Disclosure Certificate (to provide reassurance to your clients)
- First year insurance (care & custody, public liability and employers liability)
- Stationery, including letterheads and compliments slips
- 500 business cards
- 1,000 full colour double-sided premium leaflets
- We Love Pets email address
"The whole business side of things such as the facts, accounting and marketing scared me! It appealed to me that, with We Love Pets, it was all just part of the package and taken in hand for you. We Love Pets have been extremely supportive and the accountancy firm they have linked me up with has also been very good."
Franchisee marketing package
In its first year, a new company might spend as much as half of its money on marketing (Small Business Chronicle, 2015).
With We Love Pets you don’t have to worry about this cost. Our marketing programme is included in your franchise fee.
We strengthen the brand, and promote our services, by using a mix of website development and optimisation, social media campaigns, news, blogs, public relations, print advertising, trade shows and other special events.
We’ll help you to plan your local marketing campaign and provide you with 1000 flyers, 500 business cards and some magazine adverts to get you started.
"The help and support from head office, Jo and Laura, is priceless."
Ongoing support for We Love Pets franchisees
We won’t leave you on your own until you’re ready and even then we’ll be here at the end of the phone or email should you need us.
- Support from Operations Director
- Support from dedicated mentor
- Vet nurse support – contact our vet nurse anytime with questions about pets
- Legal support – advice line to corporate solicitor
- Ongoing training, when required
- Intranet (with useful templates, forms, news, tips, guidance and helpsheets)
- News & events page
- Monthly newsletters
"We couldn’t have come this far without the huge amount of support we received from Head Office."
"The website brings almost all of our customers, as well as some recommendations ."
Additional training and mentoring scheme
Contact us for more information.
"Ongoing support has been great. Always someone who has experienced similar problems."
"I speak to other franchisees regularly and we bounce ideas off each other."
Ongoing services for We Love Pets franchisees
We provide the following ongoing services to our franchisees, inclusive of your franchise fee:
- Online client booking facility
- Online recruitment adverts
- Police checks and reference checks for new staff
- Employment and work contracts for new staff
- Social media marketing and web page updates
"Knowing I have the backing of the policies and procedures also gives me the confidence to know I am doing everything right for my team, the customers and their pets. Head Office support me with everything from technical issues, to HR to marketing. It’s invaluable."
"We're not involved in the legals, paperwork or technicalities. Without that there would have been a lot more stress and we would have lost focus."